Saturday, June 4, 2016

Code Refactoring

Till to this day, I refactored all the code which I have submitted in the previous commits. As Christopher Felton showed me, the code for the color space conversion and the test-benches refactored accordingly. However, there are still some changes to be made in order for the code of the test unit to be more readable. I created a different branch which I edit there my reworked code and submitted a PR: https://github.com/mkatsimpris/test_jpeg/pull/4

These days I learned a lot of useful new things. I learned about Travis-CI and how to use it in projects in github and some other useful tools like landscape and coveralls. The experience I gained through the experimentation with these tools is invaluable. I managed to get my branch be built with some changes in travis.yml and some scripts in order to get GHDL installed.

There is some work to be done as regard as the code in color space conversion and with the help of Christopher I think that in the following week the PR will be mergeable in the main repo.

Finally, I believe that its a good time to start reading about 2D-DCT and start a discussion with Chris and Nikos about the architecture that we will use.

No comments:

Post a Comment